Re: LYNX-DEV ac#59: --with-cfg-file option needs fixing

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac#59: --with-cfg-file option needs fixing
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 16:49:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > > ok (I'll be doing another patch soon)
> >
> > BTW, it will be nice, if --with-cfg-file option will affect "libdir"
> > Makefile variable too.
> sorry - I tried doing that, but ran afoul of a "feature" (aka bug) in bash
> (which refuses to substitute the bracketed expressions that autoconf
> prefers).  If anyone knows how to work around it, I'm interested...

What exactly is is that bash prevents you from doing?  And does it work
with other Bourne-like shells?

> > Otherwise I can use f.e.
> > --with-cfg-file=/usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg
> > but Makefile 'install' target still installs
> > /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg
> > due to "libdir" variable default.

By the way, should there also be an "install-help" makefile target for
installing the files in the lynx_help/ and about_lynx/ directories?
Ideally this should put the files in the same place pointed to by the
lynx.cfg file.

If yes, it should be a separate target, since sites may have their own
modified help files.  So some explicit action (more than "make install")
should be required, but "make" or "make install" could suggest to do
"make install-help" after finishing.

    Klaus

;
;