Re: LYNX-DEV Re: No color in Lynx with slang ???

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: No color in Lynx with slang ???
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 12:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

> Highlighting going off sounds like a terminal emulation problem to me.  If
for instance, some terminals cannot display highlighting and color
at the same time (there is a terminfo attribute, 'ncv', which is used
for that - though ncurses ignores it, and I've not yet built a test to
see what SVr4 curses does).

> you try using color lynx with the "-color" switch and your terminal
> doesn't support color, the highlighting will disappear.  I use fotemods
> with slang on HP-UX, and have no problems.  Using the "-color" switch does
> not rely on your termcap/terminfo with slang.  Try using something like
> MS-Kermit or something to ensure that the color is working properly.  I
or vttest.  menu 11.4.2 does a color test (11.4 is the set of ISO 6429
color tests).  You can get a copy at
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/vttest/vttest.html

> know that Tom Dickey has mentioned about a number of color x-terms having
> lousy emulation.
just like anything else - if the standards are not clear (they're vague),
the implementors do lots of variations.  Only a few actually do comparison
testing, to make good emulators.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden