LYNX-DEV dired "../"

From: Jon Schewe
Subject: LYNX-DEV dired "../"
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:18:10 -0400

Is there a way to make it so that when a user goes into dired they don't see
"../"?  I've made a hack to do it, but I'm not real proud of it.  The deal here
is that when our users want to edit files they can only get at a subdirectory
of their home directory and this is good.  We also don't let them see dot
files, so they shouldn't see "../".  Everything was fine with lynx-2.6, but
lynx-2.7 with fotemods shows "../" and people are removing it because they
think it's a file that is just taking up space.  When they do that it removes
all their directories and we need to recreate the directory structure, since
they don't have shell access.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
--
Jon Schewe                |  http://freenet.msp.mn.us/~schewe