LYNX-DEV Using PC version of LYNX as Standalone

From: c9704057
Subject: LYNX-DEV Using PC version of LYNX as Standalone
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 03:05:59 +1000 (EST)

I try and write my webpages so that they are equally legible in different
browsers.
My pages have lots of text, so that's no great problem. But I'm connected
to the net via a university account. I can only upload my pages at the uni
and only then am i able to check them in LYNX.

I downloaded a PC version of LYNX with the intention of running it in a
stand-alone mode on my PC. That way i could check my pages before uploading
them.
But whenever I try and run the program, it says that it can'r contact the
remote host
and terminates!

Is there anyway that I can configure it so that it will run only on my PC?

-- Laura Seabrook.

;
;