Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1f: No Latin 1?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1f: No Latin 1?
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

>      I hope this is not a FAQ.  Yesterday, I decided to upgrade from
> Lynx2-6.  I downloaded:
>
>      /www.slcc.edu:/pub/lynx/fote/lynx2-7-1.zip
>      /www.slcc.edu:/pub/lynx/fote/patches/fotemods.zip
>
> I built for linux, "make linux", and am happily running 2.7.1,
> except...
that's with the BSD curses, which uses the 8th bit for highlighting.
that is a limitation of the curses library, not lynx, in general.
both ncurses and slang, afaik, allow you to use all 8 bits.
The development version (which is comparable to 2.7.1+fotemods, give
or take a few bugs), supports autoconfiguration with any of these
libraries (curses, ncurses, slang).

The current version of ncurses is 4.1
There's an faq at
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html