Re: LYNX-DEV dired "../"

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV dired "../"
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:15:43 -0400 (EDT)

> > Does NO_PARENT_DIR_REFERENCE not work?  See the Makefile.  Read the
> > comments there.
>
> I'm not sure if my messages about revising the INSTALLATION file
> have been received by the list, or if there is even any interest
I've read them, but haven't had much to say (looks fine).

> in such an undertaking, but your comment here, "See the Makefile"
> (which has been renamed Makefile.old), indicates I should do some
> rewording/restructuring of INSTALLATION so that people can better
> help themselves.  In particular, a reference to compilation symbols
> (didn't somebody compile a list of these?) seems to be in order,
> especially since for Unix at least autoconf is working really well.
>
> Tom, are you planning on giving every single symbol an enable/disable
> option for configure, or will there be some which will always need
> to be done manually for those who want to really fine tune their
> compile?  I'll go ahead and make a list of compilation symbols that
> aren't going to be set by configure and stick it in the INSTALLATION
> file, if there will be a need for that as there seems to be now.
I'm not really sure how many symbols we want to define through the
configure script (it does seem like a lot).  I did add the macros
that let me partition the help-message better, so I suppose I'll add
options until people get tired of looking at them.  (But seriously,
we should put the ones in the options that people usually need to
fine-tune with).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden