LYNX-DEV 2.7.1f: No Latin 1?

From: David Jones
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1f: No Latin 1?
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 97 12:07 MST

     I hope this is not a FAQ.  Yesterday, I decided to upgrade from
Lynx2-6.  I downloaded:

     /www.slcc.edu:/pub/lynx/fote/lynx2-7-1.zip
     /www.slcc.edu:/pub/lynx/fote/patches/fotemods.zip

I built for linux, "make linux", and am happily running 2.7.1,
except...

     I cannot display Latin 1.  All the options are appropriately set.
The xterm window will display Latin 1 if I simply perform a 'cat' to
it.  Apparently Lynx thinks the output device cannot display Latin 1
because it shows the upper 128 character set highlighted.

     Actually, I have never been able to display Latin 1 with the
earlier versions of Lynx either.

David Jones
;
;