Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on Red Hat Linux

From: Barry Rountree
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on Red Hat Linux
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello,
>       My name is Anna Selvia

<snip>

> I am contacting you about your product Lynx. Specifically, I would like
> to know if it runs on Red Hat Linux,

Ah, form letters.  Yes, lynx does run on Redhat, and in fact a precompiled
binary (v2.6) is already included on the latest distribution.

> and if you would be interested in
> being listed in our first Software Directory which will be available on
> the web site and in printed form. This directory will be a reference for
> companies looking to purchase software that runs on Red Hat Linux.

I'm sure no one here would mind the listing, but please be sure to note
that lynx is copyrighted under the GNU GPL and is freely available.  It
would also be nice if you passed along the word to engineering to upgrade
to v2.7.

> Also,
> coming out this fall is a software branding program that will allow ISV's
> to get star-billing as "Red Hat Linux Compatible". If you are interested
> in participating in Red Hat Software's ISV program or would like to get
> more information, please contact me at 919-547-0012 X242 or by e-mail.

Ummm.... hell, why not?  Please send the info to the list, and if anyone
has any problems I'm sure they'll get back to you.

> Anna Selvia                           http://www.redhat.com
> Red Hat Software, Inc.                        http://www.linuxexpo.org

Best,

Barry Rountree