Re: LYNX-DEV passing a url to a program

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV passing a url to a program
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:56:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza wrote:

> The point in my question is that I wouldn't like to download the file to my
> computer.
> The idea was to pass the URL to the command so that it could access the
> file in the remote site.  This is because I don't need the entire file
> but only information contained in  its begin.

[ Quotes SNIPPED ]

This is possible with the "External application support" in the
development code introduced by Wayne.  It has to be specifically enabled
though, by specifying  -DUSE_EXTERNALS somewhere before compiling.  Only
documentation so far is in lynx.cfg.  Does someone want to document this,
please?

    Klaus

;
;