Re: LYNX-DEV Assistance sought - 'K' LYNXKEYMAP

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Assistance sought - 'K' LYNXKEYMAP
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:39:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> It was brought to my attention after a helpful answer here on this list
> that the help page listed keystroke_help.html and the 'K' keymap commands
> do not list all the same items.  Now, while I could go off and hack on
> the files, before I even think about doing this I want to make sure that
> I am not overlooking some obvious to everyone but me reason for this.

Well, seems you have found a bug(?) - at least that seems to be part of
the answer.  In LYKeymap.c, find the line

        if (!isalpha(i-1) &&

and change it to

        if ((i > 127 || i <= ' ' || !isalpha(i-1)) &&

It prevents doing the isalpha() test for non-ASCII values, including
values > 255 mapped to arrow keys etc.

That makes the special keys (at the end of the 'K' list) appear
which were missing before, at least on Scott's solaris machine.

    Klaus

;
;