Re: LYNX-DEV Makefile for sco5 and sendmail...

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Makefile for sco5 and sendmail...
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:35:04 +0000

Boyd Gerber wrote:

> Add this option please.
> sco5send   -- for SCO OpenServer Release 5 machines using sendmail
>
> copy sco5, change name to sco5send and remove -DMMDF for the following.
>
> sco5send:
>       cd WWW/Library/sco; $(MAKE) CC="cc -belf" LYFLAGS="-DNO_FILIO_H \
>               -DUNIX -DSCO $(SITE_LYDEFS)"
>       cd src; $(MAKE) all CC="cc -belf" MCFLAGS="-O -s -DNO_FILIO_H -DUNIX \
>               -DSCO -DFANCY_CURSES -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP \
>               -I../$(WWWINC) $(SITE_DEFS)" \
>               LIBS="-lcurses -lsocket \
>               $(WAISLIB) $(SOCKSLIB) $(SITE_LIBS)" \
>               WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/sco/libwww.a"

This should be handled automatically by the Configure script in the
current development version of Lynx(*).  The above change would be
appropriate for the fotemods code set, which isn't using
autoconfiguration.

(*)My quick glance at the Configure code for this was not very
reassuring -- it will often work, but sometimes won't.  I believe
/usr/mmdf/bin/submit can exist on an OpenServer system even when MMDF
isn't being used.  (This was ac-0.36, so perhaps it's already been
changed.)  I'll investigate what better check might be possible.  (One
idea is to check for the existence of /usr/mmdf/bin/checkaddr, and if
so, see whether `/usr/mmdf/bin/checkaddr -w root >/dev/null 2>&1` exits
with a success status.)

>Bela<
;
;