Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Version "Bug"??

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Version "Bug"??
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:54:05 -0700 (PDT)

[Cc'd to Craig]

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Craig Pearlman wrote:

> Not sure if this is a bug or not.  I generally hear that Lynx users have
> trouble getting one of the forms to return a redirected page properly.
> The form works, but Lynx users receive a Server Error.
>
> I've tested this, and the server error occurs when using Lynx 2.7 (VMS)
> and Lynx 2.6 (SunOS), but it did not occur when I used Lynx 2.4 (VMS).
> Other people've had the same problem, usually version 2.6 or above.
        [...]
> In checking out the site, make sure you're using Lynx 2.7 -- a recent
> change to the authentication stuff basically makes the non-cookie Lynx
> versions get stuck at a certain point and unable to proceed.

I poked around on the site a little with a post-2.7 lynx (Lynx Version
2.7.1ac-0.53) and only ran into one semi-lynx-related problem.  I
registered, signed in, read an article from the main page, searched for
articles on a subject, looked at them, and went to the User Profile
Modification page.  I did have a problem there.  The 'Submit Update
Info' button just shows as [BUTTON] in plain text - nothing to activate.

In the course of that there were some pretty slow responses from the
server and a couple 'Remote Host Unreachable' messages, but those were
intermittent and eventually went through.

Liked the site...

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>