LYNX-DEV KEYMAP: in .lynxrc doesn't work?

From: Vladimir Alexiev
Subject: LYNX-DEV KEYMAP: in .lynxrc doesn't work?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:17:33 -0600

Has anyone changed successfully keybindings using .lynxrc?
I added the following to the end of .lynxrc, with no effect:

KEYMAP:-:UP_HALF
KEYMAP:+:DOWN_HALF
KEYMAP:,:UP_TWO
KEYMAP:.:DOWN_TWO
KEYMAP:0x100:UP_LINK
KEYMAP:0x101:DOWN_LINK
KEYMAP:^P:UP_LINK
KEYMAP:^N:DOWN_LINK
KEYMAP:<:PREV_LINK
KEYMAP:>:NEXT_LINK
KEYMAP:^I:NEXT_LINK
KEYMAP:]:IMAGE_TOGGLE
KEYMAP:*:HEAD

Also, I'm concerned that '>' from the Options menu overwrites .lynxrc without
preserving things I may have added by hand. The Options menu doesn't allow you
to set all the options that are valid in .lynxrc.

While we're at the subject of key mappings, I think that lynx should be able
to handle Meta (Alt) keys. This is absolutely necessary for the line editor
(where normal keys are self-inserting). It was quite a shock for me that my
beloved emacsian ^B and ^F delete words. Esc should be used as the meta
prefix. http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~vladimir/emacs/kermit is an example of
setting a terminal emulator to submit such codes.

Please CC any replies to me.
TIA, Vlad
;
;