Re: LYNX-DEV patch for devel code on VMS

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch for devel code on VMS
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:42:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Appended is a patch set for Lynx v2.7.1ac-0.70 to fix up some
> problems with building it on VMS, and to fix up some "regressions" in .70
> (relative to Klaus'.69 fix up) in the const handling that were problematic
> for Unix as well.  Note that the current fotemods code also fixes the
> "not just busy work" problems in HTML.c, where strings declared as const
> were not just being recast, but actually being modified.  I didn't include
> that in this patch, on the assumption that Klaus would prefer to work
> those fotemods into the devel code himself.

Ok, done. (in 2.7.1ac-0.71)  There were still two places (I think) in
HTML.c where gcc had const warnings, I got rid of those (like you probably
intended with I_value).

I also applied your patch, and checked again against fotemods.  I leave it
to you and Tom (and anybody else who might show up..) to talk about what's
needed for VMS, since you know more about that.

>       Also note that the .com and .mms files still have not been
> modified to include the new devel .c modules, and I haven't tried
> to build or use those on VMS.

Which new .c modules do you mean?  I can think only of chartrans, and
LYExtern.c, and the RP stuff.

  Klaus

;
;