Re: LYNX-DEV config caching (was BUG? Problem with suggested name)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV config caching (was BUG? Problem with suggested name)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:10:25 +0900 (JST)

> > Can't the configure caching simply be disabled (or not be enabled)?
> it's built-in.  (used properly, it is not a problem).

Could someone cut-n-paste in the instructions to "properly" use the
cache file?  I saw somewhere about renaming it so you can have a cache
file for each type of configure you want, but for the life of me I
can't seem to find it again.  Isn't caching a _feature_ that people
generally want; in other words doesn't caching make it possible to
build a new version of say Lynx without having to run configure and
just type make in the breakout after copying in your cache file?

__Henry
;
;