LYNX-DEV startfile on Linux

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV startfile on Linux
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 05:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

970920  address@hidden  wrote:
> I was wondering how to set up lynx's initial page
> so that it is my Linux box's site.

since no-one else has replied to this for a week ...

look in your  lynx.cfg  file near the beginning for

# STARTFILE is the default URL if none is specified on the command line
# or via a WWW_HOME environment variable.
# note: these files can be remote (http://www.w3.org/default.html)
# or local (file://localhost/PATH_TO/FILENAME
#  replace PATH_TO with the complete path to FILENAME
#  use Unix SHELL syntax and include the device on VMS systems)
#
STARTFILE:http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/

that's my personal version: you should presumably use the local option,
replacing  PATH_TO/FILENAME  with the complete path in Linux
(make sure there's no space in the line after  STARTFILE: );
 FILENAME  should have extension  .html .

so you get eg  STARTFILE:file://localhost/your/lynx/dir/yoursite.html .

that's for ordinary UNIX: i'm not a Linux user myself.

;