Re: LYNX-DEV DOS suggestions (for development code ac-0.73)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS suggestions (for development code ac-0.73)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:47:19 +0900 (JST)

> The distribution archive still contains
> "about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html", despite the fact that it was renamed
> "about_lynx/lynx-dev.html" several versions ago. I don't believe that we
> need both versions in the distribution.

Agreed.  This was dealt with in my proposal to rearrange the top directory
of the distribution: "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/SIMPLEDIR.gz";.  I kept
the name "about_lynx-dev.html" and removed the duplicate, but I would be
happy to go the other way, IF I COULD JUST GET SOME FEEDBACK.  A change
needs to be made in "lynx_help_main.html", and probably other files, if
the location/name of the "about*" files is/are changed.  Actually, my
proposal does away with the whole "about_lynx" subdirectory by moving all
files there, I believe appropriately, to /docs and /lynx_help.

__Henry

In a nutshell, my proposal is to remove only 1 file, "docs/RFC-MAILCAP.txt"
(which says "expires 8/1/93"), remove "utils/inews" and rearrange the files
and subdirectories so that the top directory becomes 26 files/directories:

INSTALLATION       aclocal.m4         configure.in       lynx.man
LYMessages_en.h    build-slang.com    descrip.mms        lynx_help
MAKEFILE.W32       build.com          docs               makefile.in
README             config.guess       fixed512.com       src
RELEASE_STATEMENT  config.hin         install.sh         userdefs.h
VMSPrint.com       config.sub         lynx.cfg           utils
WWW                configure          lynx.hlp

Instead of 53 files/directories:

CHANGES                  README                   configure.in
CHANGES.chartrans        README.chartrans         descrip.mms
CHANGES.configure        README.configure         docs
CHANGES.new              README.win-386           fixed512.com
CHANGES2-3               RELEASE_STATEMENT        install.sh
CHANGES2-4               SOCKETSHR.announce       lynx.cfg
CHANGES2-5               TCPWARE.announce         lynx.hlp
CHANGES2-6               VMSPrint.com             lynx.man
CMU.announce             VMSWAIS.announce         lynx_help
CRAWL.announce           WWW                      makefile.in
DESC                     about_lynx               newfiles.chartrans
FM.announce              aclocal.m4               newfiles.configure
IBMPC-charsets.announce  build-slang.com          samples
INSTALLATION             build.com                src
LYMessages_en.h          config.guess             styles
MAKEFILE.W32             config.hin               test
Makefile.old             config.sub               userdefs.h
PROBLEMS                 configure                utils
;
;