Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:05:13 +0900 (JST)

> version into a directory whose name clearly reflects the new version number.
  ^^^^^^^
Being a totally volunteer effort, I don't think the developers really want
the minor numbers (ac??) to be considered a "version" so much as a development
"image".  The directory will reflect the name of the new version when it comes
out (probably fairly soon now).  In short, I agree with Klaus and vote for not
changing the number for the directory with each "check-in" of new code, mainly
for the reason that it makes applying patches more difficult.  (Not sure, but
it might even break the Patch-o-matic scheme.)

__Henry
;
;