Re: LYNX-DEV DOS suggestions (for development code ac-0.73)

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS suggestions (for development code ac-0.73)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 07:06:06 -0400

From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>

In a nutshell, my proposal is to remove only 1 file, "docs/RFC-MAILCAP.txt"
(which says "expires 8/1/93"), remove "utils/inews" and rearrange the files
and subdirectories so that the top directory becomes 26 files/directories:

> INSTALLATION       aclocal.m4         configure.in       lynx.man
> LYMessages_en.h    build-slang.com    descrip.mms        lynx_help
> MAKEFILE.W32       build.com          docs               makefile.in
> README             config.guess       fixed512.com       src
> RELEASE_STATEMENT  config.hin         install.sh         userdefs.h
> VMSPrint.com       config.sub         lynx.cfg           utils
> WWW                configure          lynx.hlp

You could move lynx.man down into the docs directory and lynx.hlp into
the lynx_help directory, if the goal is to cut things down as much as possible.

I would like to see two files added that I don't see here (perhaps they
went lower - if so, I'd rather see them bump back up myself).  One is a
complete list of changes in the releases (a History/Changes type file) and
the other is a file highlighting the new features and fixes in the
current release (a News type file).

If folk are concerned about increasing the number of the files, I myself
wouldn't mind seeing an top level directory laid out something like:

install/
        INSTALLATION
        autoconf/
                aclocal.m4