Re: LYNX-DEV A little Lynx/2 help needed

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A little Lynx/2 help needed
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:36:15 -0400 (EDT)

> HM> Well, what about incorporating your patches to the current lynx code?
>
> I'd like that to happen, but my patches don't apply cleanly to the
> development code.  What I want to do is to get a working OS/2 Lynx
> built from the development code with as many features enabled as
> possible, and to supply both patches to be integrated and a static
> Makefile.os2, like the VMS and Win32 people.
that's reasonable.

> My problem is that I don't really have much time to work on Lynx, and
> porting the development code to OS/2 is going to be a big job because
> of autoconf.  The last time I looked at the development code, there
> were a lot of things that were handled in the old style some places,
> and by configure in others (like NO_UTMP vs HAS_UTMP), and so far I
if it's only handled in the old style, it was simply something that wasn't
affected by the autoconf changes.

> can't get the configure script running on OS/2.  Someone has just
> ported autoconf, but I haven't had time to try it out.  I also handled
I don't think I'd waste much time on it, since the sort of thing that
I've spent time on in the configure script would be the places where I
don't think a non-UNIX configure script would be effective (identifying
headers associated with terminal I/O, network libraries, etc.).  A concise
set of ifdef's in the else-clause of the HAVE_CONFIG_H ifdef's would be the
way I'd go.  Once you've identified the things that need to be tested, we
can review it to simplify/integrate it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden