Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:14:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Vladimir Alexiev wrote:

> Was anyone successful in remapping the keyboard with 2-7-1?
> I have these lines in my .lynxrc but they have no effect:
> Also, I'm concerned that saving options will overwrite my .lynxrc file and
> will obliterate these remappings.

I routinely map "^" to HOME and "$" to END.  I think your problem is
that you are in the wrong file.  Keymappings go in lynx.cfg.  If you
don't own lynx, but are using a system copy of lynx, you need to run
"lynx -cfg=your_lynx_cfg_file", replacing "your_lynx_cfg_file" with the
actual path and filename of your own configuration file.  If you don't
have your own configuration file, you can copy the system lynx.cfg file
to your directory and modify it, or get a vanilla lynx.cfg from the lynx
source distribution.

Write back to address@hidden if you still have problems.

                              Doug
__