Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 32 Setup

From: Austin C. Phelps
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 32 Setup
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 01:45:21 -0400

At 09:38 9/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I have already downloaded lynx for Win32. I launch the lynx.exe but
>I got his message "Alert. Unable to connect remote host"

Since you download the Win32 version I assume you have Win95 or WinNT.
First you have to make sure you have the TCP/IP protocol and network
adapters configured on your system and working.

>May I know where I can setup my Internet host ? and I am behind my
>company's firewall.

If you are at a company I would ask the computer support people. They
probably can set up the machine for you and tell you if you are behind a
firewall. They might be able to set up Lynx to work behind that firewall.

One quick way to test if you are behind a firewall is to issue this command.

ping www.microsoft.com

If you get "host unreachable" error then you are most likely behind a
firewall. If the machine sits there and does nothing - DNS is not working
(possibly not configured correctly).

Austin

;
;