Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV anyone remapped keys successfully?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:22:42 -0400

> I routinely map "^" to HOME and "$" to END.  I think your problem is
> that you are in the wrong file.  Keymappings go in lynx.cfg.  If you

I've an idea, if folk don't think it's too much bother.

1. Organinze .lynxrc to present it's info in the same order as the Options
Menu.  I know it's not _necessary_, but it might help someone trying
to figure things out.

For instance, right now, the multi-bookmarks info is before the
bookmark file name.  But at least in my lynxrc file the info appears
in the opposite order.  Likewise, the preferred language and
character set options are opposite.

2. Another thing here is to try to use the same words in the comments of the
lynxrc file as the options menu.  For instance, the option menus say
preferred document character set.  But lynxrc just says preferred character
set.   It doesn't mention 'document' at all.

3. Adding a comment in the lynxrc file that everything that's on the page is
from the lynxrc file might help folk.  Adding a comment indicating that
things like keymaps, mime types, etc. go into a config file might also be
helpful.

4. In the past it's been discussed whether the option page could somehow
be turned into a multi page menu/html form/whatever.  At the very least,
a sort of 'scrolling' window (depending of course on the size of the
window) seems like it would be useful.

;