LYNX-DEV Compilation of lynx 2-7-1 under VMS 7.1 Alpha

From: Paul Blenderman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Compilation of lynx 2-7-1 under VMS 7.1 Alpha
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 15:04:52 +0200

To my surprise I did not find a binary version of lynx on the web for
VMS Alpha. Did I misunderstand something ot are yyou really interested
in the .exe? If so, I can certainly send it to you. It did compile and does
run on my VMS Alpha 7.1 with DECC 5.6. However, one warning is
produced:

$ cc LYUtils

                         fname[j--] = fname[j];
.........................^
%CC-W-UNDEFVARFETCH, In this statement, the expression "fname[j--]=fname[j]" mod
ifies "j", and fetches its value in a computation that is not used to produce th
e modified value without an intervening sequence point.  This behavior is undefi
ned.
at line number 1544 in file DEV$LOCAL:[SRC.LYNX.LYNX2-7-1.SRC]LYUTILS.C;1

In case someone cares.

Thanks for building and giving away lynx,

Paul Blenderman
Intermetall
Freiburg, Germany
address@hidden