LYNX-DEV What kinds of things might impact this type of problem

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV What kinds of things might impact this type of problem
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:36:20 -0400

I noticed today the following article.  What I am wondering is why on
the same machine this might happen.   Can anyone give Martin some tips?

comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc #14058 (51 + 73 more)              (1)--(1)
From: address@hidden (MCCORMICK MARTIN)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc
Subject: Proper Highlighting Missing from lynx2-7-1 for VT100-style Display
Date: 27 Sep 1997 13:46:22 GMT

        I have been using lynx2-3 on a Sun Sparc compiled in Solaris2.5.
That version highlighted links properly when displaid on a VT102 terminal.
I just installed lynx2-7-1 and it appears to work perfectly except for
one small problem.  All the text displays in normal attributes with no
highlighting at all.  Does anybody know how I can get the links to show
up in this way?  I did  see about three lines in the lynx.cfg file that
looked like they should do the job, but they don't change anything regardless
of how they are set.  The lines are now set as follows:

# If BOLD_HEADERS is set to TRUE the HT_BOLD default style will be acted
# upon for <H1 through <H6 headers.  The compilation default is FALSE
# (only the indentation styles are acted upon, but see BOLD_H1, below).
# On Unix, compilation with -DUNDERLINE_LINKS also will apply to the
# HT_BOLD style for headers when BOLD_HEADERS is TRUE.
#
BOLD_HEADERS:TRUE

# If BOLD_H1 is set to TRUE the HT_BOLD default style will be acted
# upon for <H1 headers even if BOLD_HEADERS is FALSE.  The compilation
# default is FALSE.  On Unix, compilation with -DUNDERLINE_LINKS also
# will apply to the HT_BOLD style for headers when BOLD_H1 is TRUE.
#
BOLD_H1:TRUE

# If BOLD_NAME_ANCHORS is set to TRUE the content of anchors without
# an HREF attribute, (i.e., anchors with a NAME or ID attribute) will
# have the HT_BOLD default style.  The compilation default is FALSE.
# On Unix, compilation with -DUNDERLINE_LINKS also will apply to the
# HT_BOLD style for NAME (ID) anchors when BOLD_NAME_ANCHORS is TRUE.
#
BOLD_NAME_ANCHORS:TRUE

        When I change these variables, all I do is burn up muscle energy
in my hands.    It has no effect at all on output.

        What else should I change?  Don't forget that the earlier version
did highlight correctly.  Many thanks.

Martin McCormick

;