LYNX-DEV Form to set Lynx options

From: --- Alvian ---
Subject: LYNX-DEV Form to set Lynx options
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 97 15:01:46 +1000

----- Cut here and save as cgistart.html -----

Enter the name of your options file.  The default name is
<code>lynxopt</code>, just in case my cgi scripts don't work
and screw up you lynxrc.  If you are brave, enter the name
of your real lynxrc.<p>

I don't know if the full path name is required or not.  I can't
get my cgi perl scripts to read $HOME.  Yes, I have set lynx.cfg
to pass the HOME variable. Somebody give me a hint?<p>

This is the first time I have programmed in perl and also the first
time I did cgi scripts, so no guarantees!  Also due to my inexperience
the perl codes are probably not very efficient.  Lastly, because of
this lack of efficiency I cannot get the "character_set=" option to remember
its previous setting.  Does anyone have a better perl switch-block
algorithm?  Read cgi1.pl and you will see what I mean.  Right now it
will reset to ISO Latin 1 everytime you run it.<p>

<form method="post" action="lynxcgi:cgi1.pl">

Then <input value="start" type="submit"> to set your Lynx options.<p>

Oops, entered the wrong information.  <input value="Clear it" type="reset">
and start again.

</form>
;
;