Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx-Browser

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx-Browser
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:15:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I only can find English versions of this browser. Do you know whether there
> is somewhere a German version available?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

Currently there is none, as far as I know.  (But if you find one, please
let us know!)

For a "German version"

  - the necessary code changes (some people have already done a lot of
    that for a French version) have to be integrated into the code,

  - someone has to translate the strings for messages etc to German,

  - it would probably require locale support from the operating system
    or libraries.

I guess it will probably happen at some point if there is enough interest.

Currently the text strings in a file (LYMessages_en.h) could be
translated, that could give a version with the statusline messages
(and a few other things) in German, but not everything.

   Klaus

;
;