Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digi

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digital UNIX
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 18:14:28 -0400 (EDT)

> According to T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>:
> > If it does build with -std1 for Digital Unix, I suppose it's ok to add.
> > (My recollection of OSF/1's compiler, though, is that Lynx probably wouldn't
> > build with -std1).
>
> It builds rather decently even without "-std1", but gives plenty of
> warnings. And even as digital UNIX is the official name of the OS, eg.
> uname still prints out OSF1...
I'm aware of that (renamed to Digital UNIX roughly at the time of release
of 4.0) -- but my experience was with 3.0.

If it builds with -std1, although with more warnings, I would like to see
the logs (to see if there are any easy ones to fix).  However, Lynx's use
of const is likely to be a problem.  If so, I'd leave it at the default
compiler flags until someone has the patience to clean it up.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden