LYNX-DEV BUG in lynx ver. 2.3 BETA

From: K.Nagarajan
Subject: LYNX-DEV BUG in lynx ver. 2.3 BETA
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 01:23:43 +0530 (IST)

Hi!

I just found a bug in lynx ver. 2.3 BETA.

The problem is because lynx needs stdout to dump its output.
(you've used "curses")

... you would have understood the bug by now:

when lynx is put in background ( I tried redirecting the output of lynx
to a file, in the background ) and when the process is killed, it dumps
core (segmentation fault).

Solution:

You can check if stdout is available before trying to service the
request.

------------------------------

#0  0x461d8 in wmove ()
#1  0x16d2c in cleanup ()
#2  0x16c88 in cleanup_sig ()
#3  0x1d298 in main ()
#4  <signal handler called>
#5  0x461d8 in wmove ()
#6  0x16d2c in cleanup ()
#7  0x16c88 in cleanup_sig ()
#8  <signal handler called>
#9  0xef62a77c in _ioctl ()
#10 0x42e44 in reset_prog_mode ()
#11 0x42a74 in setupterm ()
#12 0x40e80 in newscreen ()
#13 0x3fc74 in initscr32 ()
#14 0x1edf8 in start_curses ()
#15 0x1ef80 in setup ()
#16 0x1d1dc in main ()

-------------------------------

Thanx,

Nagarajan.

K.Nagarajan,
Graduate Student,
Department of Computer Science & Automation,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore - 560 012,
India.

e-mail:address@hidden