LYNX-DEV Problems with 2.7.1

From: Maisenbacher Matthias (K3/EES4)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Problems with 2.7.1
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:00:29 +0200

Hello,

some time ago I compiled and since used Lynx 2.7 on an Ultrix
workstation.
(And like it!)

Last Week I compiled 2.7.1-AC74 (because I needed the feature of
proxy authorization) and got 2 differences:

1) When I view some special german characters like รค (the 'a' with the 2
dots above)
    It seems as if something cuts the 8th bit off.

2) With 2.7 Lynx showed links in bold face and the current link in
reverse video.
    Now it shows all links in reverse video and the current link is
marked by
    a) a little reverse box or
    b) only the cursor when links follow themselves directly.
    (Yes I read in the docs that lynx is not responsible for that.
Instead
      it is the curses lib or some of the others. But - I'm not able to
switch. Am I ?)

Could please somebody tell me

- how I can change the behaviour of 1) and
- whether 2) changed from 2.7 to 2.7.1  or how I can distinguish the two

I built 2.7 with 'make ultrix' and 2.7.1 with 'configure' and 'make'

Thank you for all responses

        Matthias Maisenbacher

;
;