Re: LYNX-DEV _Lots_ more on INSTALLATION and SIMPLEDIR

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV _Lots_ more on INSTALLATION and SIMPLEDIR
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:24:18 +0900 (JST)

> > Okay, let's do it.  If "keystroke" isn't good, then people on the
> > list, please speak up now or forever hold your peace.  As soon as I
> > can, I'll set it up in "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/SIMPLEDIR.gz";.
>
> I suggest to make it at least "keystrokes", it gets truncated on DOS

"keystrokes" it is.  Done and up before work this morning.  SIMPLEDIR
includes the necessary patches to "lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html"
and "lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html".

I removed the sample batch file for "automating" the 386dos compile
with the reasoning that simple is better.  INSTALLATION also relects
the change.

Now you can just execute it if it has the right permissions.

> It removes itself after doing the deed, leaving no easy way to trace what
> it did.  Bad.  Sneaky.  Please don't.

Deadly.  Sort of like playing with matches.  All right it leaves itself there,
but please zap it after making the final decision which, whether you like it
or not, is entirely yours.

__Henry
;
;