LYNX-DEV Printing options for Lynx

From: Jignesh D Joshi
Subject: LYNX-DEV Printing options for Lynx
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:08:06 -0400

Hello ;

Thank you very much for creating and maintaing such a wonderful resorce for
Lynx. I was successfully able to install Lynx on my DG Unix system. Thanks
Subir Grewal for his installing tips.

I am trying to customize Lynx now for my organization and am experiencing
problems in several areas :

1) PRINTING : When choosing a 'p' option to print, it takes me to a menu
with three choices :
Save to a local file
Mail the file
Print to the Screen

I read and tried to modify the lynx.cfg file as :
PRINTER: printer name : lp -d<PRINTER> %s : TRUE

Even after all this, I was not able to print a document on to a printer.

How can I adjust the variables and definitions so that I can print to any
system printer ?
Can it be adjusted to print it on a slave printer ? (Not dump screen.)

2) KEYMAPPING :

We use dump terminals on our various sites and we have a special custom
made keyboards.
When I try to use arrow keys to follow the links or to move through the
document, it takes me to the
printing menu, no matter which arrow key I press. To get around this
problem, I enabled the 'vi'
keys and using 'h-j-k-l' I was able to browse smoothly. I am concerned
about this because to
an end user using dump terminal, even a simplest thing as using these keys
for navigating is
not easy and there is a finite possibility of frequent confusions.
Therefore, I wanted to set my
key-mapping so that I can use arrow-keys to navigate on my key-board.
Is there a way I can do this ?

I would appreciate your response to my questions. I am sure you will be
able to suggest some
way to get around the problems I am having.

Once again, thank you very much.

Jignesh Joshi.

;
;