Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Settings For Mac

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Settings For Mac
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:08:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Robert Martin wrote:

> Hello!
>
>       I was writing with regards to what should be the proper settings for my
> MAC using Lynx when I am dialing up through my modem.  I am trying to
> connect to a text based site(ASCII). I have connected to the site but a
> lot of the letters are being replaced by characters throughout the whole
> page.  Should I be using a specific speed of modem and what should all
> my settings for connetion be set at.  I would greatly appreciate any
> information you could forward me on the configuration of my Mac through
> my modem with your Lynx System.

You should get that information from the site you are dialing up, they are
the ones who should know best what modem settings you need.  According to
your description, it may be that your settings are (8 bits, no parity)
while the site requires (7 bit, <something> parity).  But that is just a
guess.  You'll have to either ask those who know, or experiment.

   Klaus

;
;