Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx messages

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx messages
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 10:07:51 +0900 (JST)

>  I modified some messages in LYMessages_en.h to customize them for my
> and when I re-compile everything, it keeps displaying the old messages.
> What might be the problem ?

Problem(s) could be anywhere, so I will recommend the method I use.
(Also, are you aware that many of the messages in Lynx are "hardcoded"
and connot be changed via the header file mechanism?)

Edit "LYMessages_en.h" as you wish, but save your edited file with
a unique, appropriate name.  (I use LYMessages_ja.h for a complete
translation into Japanese.)  Then change the define, ``#include
"LYMessages_en.h"'', in userdefs.h (Section 3.) to reflect the new
name you have given the messages file, a copy of which should be in
the top directory of the source distribution.  Simple as that!

If you get compile errors that include any of the defines in LYMessages*.h,
it means that you have made an error in editing the file (left out quotes
at the end of a line, etc.).  You should keep a copy of the LYMessages_en.h
that you used as a base.  When you upgrade to a newer version of Lynx, you
can then do a diff against the old and new message files to find out if new
strings have been added, and add those strings to your custom file as needed.

__Henry
;
;