Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with news and ftp with dos version of lynx

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with news and ftp with dos version of lynx
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:15:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, chris lee (address@hidden) wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why exactly news and ftp doesn't work in the 386 Dos
> > versions of lynx, and are there any fixes in the works for the problems?
>
> Wayne and I have both looked at this.  It appears to be related to the
> WATTCP code and how it relates to the lynx code.  I have tried to fix
> FTP and have not been able to.  I think that Wayne has this on his list
> of things to look at (low priority).

I have spent hours on it and am baffled, but I don't really understand
that tcplib code very well.  Still, I look at it from time to time.  Every
once in a while I get lucky and the answer magically appears.  So far that
has not been the case with the ftp and news.  I do know that lynx contacts
the server and then never sees the response.  Anyone with a better
networking background might get a clue from that.

;
;