Re: LYNX-DEV Blather

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Blather
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 08:09:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > One note about the 386 instructions...I tried using the >
> tcplib-dj200.1.tar.gz and it > didn't work at all for me.
>
> Any comments on this would be appreciated.

I got the library to compile but then it was missing defines required by
lynx.  I added those and was able to link it in, but I kept getting host
unreachable (meaning that the stack was just failing).  I didn't try any
more than that because I had no idea if it was worth it.  The stack I was
previously using has problems but at least it works.

> > The ide file is just a big project description file.

> Personally, I think it would be great if you could post it on lynx-dev, or
> if it's too big for that, put it up for review on your http server.

The ide is a LARGE (150k) binary file.  It is like a makefile, except it
also records the state of the borland environment (the Integrated
Development Environment).  I do offer an older version on my site already.
Maybe I could just zip it and tuck it in a subdirectory of lynx?  It turns
into a 30k zip.  I was giving out the makefile that can be generated from
the ide, but the makefile is nasty and you can't turn it back into an ide.
There is a makefile for the chartrans tbl compiler, but that is seperate
and static.

;
;