LYNX-DEV LYNX BUG DISCOVERED

From: Antonio Miguel Migueis
Subject: LYNX-DEV LYNX BUG DISCOVERED
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:14:32 +0100 (BST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:06:28 +0100 (BST)
From: Antonio Miguel Migueis <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: LYNX BUG DISCOVERED

Hi there mates!

I found a bug in the Lynx version 2.4 here in the Unv of Sheffield,
installed in a Solaris 5.5.1 unix box.

No core file was created!

I was seeing the referral list of sites that relate to my sites and press
onre of the linbks in lynx and the message "CONGATULATIONS...".

The thing is that some one robbed completely my site and probably they are
trying to get into my scripts but they can't so tehre is an error when
they try to access it, that cause the bug message probably.

It was a submission link, that would run a cgi script returning after the
results of the search. It seems that lynx can't support that.

Please see the URL of my referals on:

http://stoat.shef.ac.uk:8080/r.html

and go down realy down untill the lst two urls
home.megaweb.co.za/ie40/search/mega/?.... -->> the robbers site!
and click there!

Anyway folks I did my job reporting the bug to you!
If you need more info just drop me a note!

See you!
Antonio Miguel Migueis
Personal E-mail: address@hidden

Internet Web: http://stoat.shef.ac.uk:8080/