Re: LYNX-DEV lynx developement version 0.83 and color styles

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx developement version 0.83 and color styles
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:27:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> If you have no interest in hearing the latest chapter in the
> struggle between Solaris 2.4 and lynx /color styles, feel free to
> pass on by.
>
> If the folk developing lynx don't want to hear any more about it,
> they can let me know that they are removing it and I will be able
> to go away and leave them alone about it.

If I understand correctly, what you have found this time doesn't have
anything to do with the color-style stuff.  It appears to be something in
the functions taken from metamail.  I don't understand why this hasn't
causeed problems already long ago, but maybe there just hasn't been
anybody with such exotic MIME files as yours...

[ details, although interesting, snipped ]

> lynx compiles just fine.
>
> I then start up dbx and tell it to do memory checking.

What's the invocation for that?   (just curious)

> I get the following:
 > (dbx 7) where
> =>[1] Cleanse(s = 0x55f679 ""), line 291 in "HTInit.c"

Change the last part of function Cleanse so that it becomes:

    /* strip trailing white space */
    while ((tmp > news) && *--tmp && isspace((unsigned char) *tmp))
        *tmp = '\0';
    return(news);

Does that solve it?  Next problem from your stress-testing? :)

   Klaus

;
;