Re: LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> replied:

"Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden> further replied:

> he's probably compiling with the bsd4.4 curses, which does only that.
> (ncurses should work properly on FreeBSD - I've tested on 2.1.5).

------------------------------
Ugh... never could figure out the termcap file...

I remember waaaay back when nobody made the parameters for a terminal
program that I had just acquired, so I just grabbed termcaps from all over,
extricated the vt entries, and kept plugging stuff in until I found one that
worked perfectly.  Oh well...I guess this problem's a little more
problematic.  And yes, on 'configure', it doesn't find ANY curses stuff at
all... no curses, ncurses, etc.  Do I have to make my own?  (There goes
more space..)  will compiling ncurses or slang in my home dir be
sufficient to tell Lynx what it can do?  (The chances of getting anything
system-installed here are about nil.)  I'll need details of how to do
things properly if so.

Gah...In this stuff I am NOT competent!  Asking me to read man pages is
useless on termcap/terminfo stuff.  Been there, done that, hardcopy even.

(Heck, there's no infocmp, anyway :) )

But also, I'm on the lookout for any and all VT10x termcap entries that
people might have... in searching for this, I have occasionally found
tweaked versions that help me immensely to overcome the peculiarities of
system-installed versions.

Thanks 1E6 in advance..

;
;