Re: LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

> > But the FreeBSD console isn't VTxxx-compatible (so I'd not waste much time
> > there).
>
> If you mean that I am -ON- the machine running FreeBSD, no I am not.  I am
> telnetting into the FreeBSD machine.  I just started using the VT102
> termcap, and all of a sudden, a few things started working, and a few
> other things immediately broke (due to the fact that the solution I am now
> using (while my Linux box is being fixed) is known to prefer VT100 over
> VT102.  My goal is to get termcaps and diddle with them until I find a
> combination that works best.

ok - vt100 differs from vt102, e.g., from infocmp:

comparing vt100 to vt102.
    comparing booleans.
        mir: F:T.
    comparing numbers.
    comparing strings.
        dch1: NULL, '\E[P'.
        dl1: NULL, '\E[M'.
        il1: NULL, '\E[L'.
        rmir: NULL, '\E[4l'.
        smir: NULL, '\E[4h'.

(the main thing is the dl1/il1/dch1 - delete/insert line, delete character).

> But first.. off to get that ncurses thing...
ok (read the instructions ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden