Re: LYNX-DEV Re: news: question

From: WHITLOCK
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: news: question
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:23:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:

> There you have basically found your answer.
> News server are complicated things.  Probably its history database is
> corrupted.  You have to take that up with the newsadmin.

I suppose I do have my answer, & something of substance to point out to
the newsadmin.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

> > >        lynx -trace
>
> I didn't see anything unususal there.  Except that an article in
>
> > G Newsgroups: comp.risks
>
> with
>
> > G Subject: 99c Tripple Cheeseburger!!
>
> isn't one I would miss a lot :)

Oh, it's even better.  Once you read it, it's an ad for a sex service.
I wonder if that's why the person looking over my shoulder while I was
investigating this had such a strange look on their face.  :-)

  -- Brad Whitlock
;
;