[no subject]

From: Rich Wong
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 1996 02:38:53 -0600

Just installed Lynx 2.7.1 for the Windows 32 bit platform, and I was
wondering if anyone could help in fixing some problems I'm having.

When I start up Lynx.exe, it looks for (and can't find) Files.com,
Files.edu, and Files.net, in that order.  It ends up looking for
www.Files.net/lynx/lynx.exe.
(I placed the lynx files in the directory c:/Program Files/lynx/..., so I'd
assume that's why it's looking for a host called 'Files')

Is there any way I can correct this problem, so that Lynx will start up
directly on a page that I specify?  (I specified a STARTFILE:http:// page
in lynx.cfg, but Lynx does not recognize it.)

Second, how do I work the outgoing mail feature?  How does my email address
factor in lynx.cfg?  How does my POP server address factor in lynx.cfg?
Anything else I need to make mail work?  Can I set up the program to call
an external mailer such as Eudora?

Third, how do I define an external default editor in lynx.cfg?  Does the
editor have to be a DOS program?  I'd like to set it up for WordPad, if
possible.

Lastly, how should I state the pathnames to direct Lynx to these external
editor (or mailer?) programs on my hard drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

;
;