Re: LYNX-DEV BLOCKQUOTE and HEADINGS

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BLOCKQUOTE and HEADINGS
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:59:39 -0700

This guy Jari Aalto -- I know nothing about whether
his point about blockquote and headings is good or bad --
but I do know something about the guy himself.

He is a MAJOR contributor of software for EMACS -- God
only knows (well, only God knows) how much time he
puts in on it.  He answers I suppose hundreds of questions
(daily?) on comp.emacs and other emacs newsgroups,
is probably fully occupied with emacs sources -- the same
way some people in this list are with lynx.

Anyway, be nice to the guy -- he is certainly a giver
rather than a taker of free software.

> From address@hidden Wed Oct 15 15:27:49 1997
> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:11:17 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BLOCKQUOTE and HEADINGS
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Jari Aalto wrote:
>
> >     Lynx treats the heading differently that other browsers...
> >     In lynx I see
> >
> >         <centered>1.0 Document id
> > 1.1 General
> >
> >     Which is not all what I want to see. This is a bug. All other browsers
> >     put the headings to the left as it should be.
>
> So what?  It iss not a bug if lynx behaves differently from other
> browsers.
>
> And although it isn't really relevant for the question whether this is
> a bug, how many browsers have you actually tested for your claim about
> "all other browsers"?
>
> > Actually netscape
> >     shows nicely
> >
> > 1.0 Document id
> >     1.1 General
> >

> >     But I understand that Lynx has to work on (0 character terminal and
> >     won't indent 1.1. But I would at least want to see
>
> Ok, then change it.  You got the source.  Look in DefaultStyle.c for a
> start.
>

>     Klaus
>

> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;