LYNX-DEV Lynx is caching CGI script output. Why?

From: matt
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx is caching CGI script output. Why?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:05:49 -0700

Hello Lynx gurus!

I am building an intranet app that makes extensive use of dynamic HTML
generated by CGI scripts.  Lynx seems to be caching the output and not
requesting a new version when the same tag is repeatedly selected.  This
seems to be true in spite of Pragme: no-cache and Expires: [current time].
Netscape seems to flush cache on any URL beginning with /cgi-bin.

I am not a GUI fan, and want to make my application Lynx-friendly.  But I
have to be able to bypass cache here.  What am I missing?

Unrelated (I think) question.  Assume the following menu sequence:
MENU OF CHOICES --> CHOICE1 FORM --> CHOICE1 CGI OUTPUT
Is there any way to display the thanks screen, and upon dismissal, pop the
URL stack back to the original menu, as though the user had pressed [Back]
twice?  If you have a lot of screens to work through, the URL stack can get
very deep.
The first questions is critical-- this one is just for extra credit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

;
;