Lynx on Win3.1

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Lynx on Win3.1
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 20:23:03 -0400 (EDT)

>     * From: address@hidden (Harter)
>
>Is there a binary for Lynx on windows 3.1?  I want to use this with the
>proprietary wildcat mustang connection manager(winsock emulator?).  I
>tried the dos version of lynx, but it said that there is no driver
>present.  I think I need to use the winsock driver or its wildcat
>emulator.

Dear Don:

There is no 16-bit-Winsock-compatible version of Lynx.

If you can master the use of a DOS packet driver for lynx, you can
use the Lynx386 version (DJGPP).  You can do this with your
computer, but it takes some fiddling.  The Win3.x version hasn't
happened, and given the fact that Microsoft has moved on to 32
bits where it is a lot easier to make Lynx work, it isn't entirely
likely.

-- Al Gilman
For more info
http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/