Re: Lynx on Win3.1

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: Lynx on Win3.1
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 23:12:34 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Harter said:

>         I will check the faq.  I can't run DOS though.  I have to run
> win3.1.  Doslynx runs in w3.1, but it does not access the winsock.  To
> me it seems that it is just not using the correct packet driver.  The
> dos gui runs fine in a windows dos box.

My FAQ will just lead you to Wayne Buttles's page at fdisk.com.

Lynx386 will run like DosLynx runs for you.  Or if your machine
is truly tiny, you can use Bobcat in the same mode, as a DOS
Application with a dedicated packet driver.  None of them will
use the Winsock in 3.1.

I don't know how to make the reason plain and simple.

I do know you are wasting your time trying to get Lynx to use the
winsock in 3.1.

-- Al