Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: add control-W (backup 1 word)?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: add control-W (backup 1 word)?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 09:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

971018 David Combs wrote:
> On Sun you can hit, in addition to control-u (erase line) & backspace,
> control-w, which backs up one unix "word", ie until it sees prior whitespace
> (I think that is the rule for control-W).
> Anyway, would be nice while entering things like descriptions
> for pages being bookmarked (via the "a" cmd).
> Or perhaps a different rule, especially when entering web addresses,
> to back up to prior punctuation, especially a slash.

you can do it already -- i just tried it with Lynx 2-7 -- :
 ^P  goes to previous space or punctuation (i tried only  / );
 ^B  deletes everything to ditto (ie word or part thereof).

the line editor must be covered in the help files somewhere
(or i wouldn't have known these commands), but i don't know where.

;