Re: LYNX-DEV searching for a documentation of LynX (not the manual)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV searching for a documentation of LynX (not the manual)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:11:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, SchoJo MIB wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> my name is Joachim Schott from university giessen.
> http://www.uni-giessen.de (germany)
>
> I am studying communication engineering.
> To get experiences in lexical and syntax analysis I have to programm
> a simple HTML Browser. To learn about this complex topic I am using
    ^^^^^^
> the sources of the lynx browser. This is a very hard way and after
> several days I think it would be a possibility to search for a document
> where the way for designing a browser for HTML is shown.
        ^^^^^^^
Lynx isn't very simple; and I don't think there is "the" way.

For a simpler browser, you probably should have a look at the W3C
(ex-CERN) Line Mode Browser.  See <URL:http://www.w3.org/> and follow the
"Libwww" link.  I don't know how functional that "example application"
currently is, but there is documentation on the "Libwww Architecture".
Some of that also still applies, somewhat, to parts of the Lynx source
derived from an earlier libwww version.

> My question is: Is there a location in the WWW where I can get such
> a documentation, e.g. for lynx. It would be also very helpfull for me to
> know if there are other literatures to use.

     Klaus

;
;