Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:23:49 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
>From: David Murn <address@hidden>
>>1. View a page in lynx
>>2. Hit 'p' for print
>>3. Select to save to a file
>>4. Enter a filename, goto the last character, and press Ctl-D
>>5. Note the character disappears, and the cursor appears after a space
>>6. Type something, the cursor will move, but what you type won't appear
>
>this bug still exists in lynx 2.7.1/fotemods 10/15 and development 0.84 - with
>one exception- the last part of number 5 doesn't work in my configuration
>(SPARC/Solaris 2.4/ncurss 4.1).  No matter what I type, the text never
>starts printing again.

        It appears this bug has been there since way back when Dick
Westphal and I wrote the line editor.  Apparently, no one ever before
has tried to "delete the character currently under the cursor" when the
cursor is not over a character and thus there is nothing to delete (I
can't imagine why no one before has tried to delete a character that
isn't there. :).

        Anyway, the fix for the fotemods is in today's update, and in
general, it's a simple fix in LYEdit1() of ./src/LYStrings.c:

[...]
    case LYE_DELC:
        /*
         *  Delete current character.