Re: LYNX-DEV Need help compiling with DJGPP under DOS

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need help compiling with DJGPP under DOS
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:54:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone.  The recent changes made to Lynx version 2.7.1ac-0.84 have
broken the makefile for the www code for DOS.  This makefile is located in
the directory lynx2-7-1/www/library/djgpp.  I have developed a patch to
fix this.  The changes are trivial but for a novice a broken makefile
might be a big problem.  Here is the patch:

*** makefile    Wed Oct 22 12:27:32 1997
--- makefile.new        Sun Oct 19 23:05:58 1997
***************
*** 7,13 ****
  # The ASIS repository's name for the machine we are on
  #ASIS_MACH = hardware/os

! CFLAGS = -O3 -DEXP_CHARTRANS -DCOLOR_CURSES -DDOSPATH -DNOUSERS -DDEBUG
-I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp
  LFLAGS =
  CC = gcc

--- 7,14 ----
  # The ASIS repository's name for the machine we are on
  #ASIS_MACH = hardware/os

! CFLAGS = -O3 -DEXP_CHARTRANS -DDOSPATH -DNOUSERS -DDEBUG
-I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp \
! -I../../../src -I../../..
  LFLAGS =
  CC = gcc

I hope this helps.

Bill

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Help!  What's the secret to getting Lynx 2.7.1 to compile with DJGPP
> > under DOS?
>
> I'm hoping to get all the "secrets" into the new INSTALLATION file.
> Follow the directions in Section V. "Compile instructions -- 386 DOS" of
> "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/INSTALLATION.gz";.  You will need an
> image recent enough to have Bill's src/chrtrans/makefile.dos, so I
> recommend that you just download the most recent distribution (ac0-84).
>
> I and future compilers would very much like to know if these instructions
> are complete, and if not, where there needs to be more explicit explanation.
> When you succeed in getting Lynx compiled, PLEASE volunteer your feedback
> on how to improve on these instructions.  If they turn out to be what
> helps you to succeed, Doug and Bill will be super-happy to hear about that
> fact, too.
>
> __Henry
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;